It's about HB!

Talk about anything whether its CS related or not!

Re: It's about HB!

Postby Euro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 pm

rawb wrote:Good luck programming that one :X

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1
Euro
Frequent Forum User
Frequent Forum User

Postby FaZ- » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 am

.HB wrote:One more thing: Scoutzleague should make a client that you have to sign in. That prevents access to hacks and such, just like CAL's. I'm sure other leagues have them too. We should put that in the wonderful box of awesome Scoutleague ideas.

If we were able to do this I'd also want it to block Vent. In my opinion it's bullshit and the only reason it's so widespread is that it's not possible to counter it. LAN's don't allow anything of the sort. I don't mind voicecomm, that's cool, but we all know that when you die your camera lets you see people moving for 4-5 seconds after you're dead, and often from a direction that you wouldn't have even seen if you were still alive.

That's enormously huge and completely unfair to me. |eSk| has yet to use external voicecomm for this reason, and I don't doubt that it's a disadvantage we suffer from. It is cheating, to me, and it plays even more of a factor in a fast-paced game like scoutzknivez than it does in regular maps.

As for you HB, my general thought is that if a good number of people think you cheat, you most likely do. There's a number of people around the league that the staff has shared opinions about, but we've generally let the players sort it out themselves. The incident last year with Shanked was handled by his team captains, which made me think that the teams and players' reputations will police themselves.

One way to help clear yourself in my mind would be to post up demos of you doing well from past seasons, if you didn't use vent. I'm not sure how many teams do or don't, but that would definitely help to clear your name to me.
FaZ-

Postby rawb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:49 pm

I actually agree with you about the vent thing - in a perfect world it should be banned. That being said, I highly recommend esk using it lol :X

I also, for the record, don't think HB cheats and have never seen him consistently do anything suspicious - and we all have our lucky suspicious moments.

Oh and strafing up to stairs on t side gets you up there faster!! :)
( ' ""()
("( 'o', )
(")(")(,,)
rawb
tU Clan Member
tU Clan Member

Postby .HB » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:38 am

Alright, well Faz...no offense but you have lost your speaking priviledges.
The statement you just made was like a "If they jump off a bridge, I will too because everyone is doing it!" kind of statement. If those people think I hack, then I have nothing more to say. All I can say is "Thank You!" At least my efforts from playing counter-strike since the 4th grade have left a lovely little mark on them. Giving me such compliments just overwhelms me with awesomeness. To be honest, I think it's actually really awesome for the tU clan to have their crazy "suspicions" about my "different gaming style." It's an honor to have people who are/were(No offense, but you guys have been on a no-no streak! :() best of the best to think I might not be "legit" when in reality, I am. :)

Just for future reference to you Faz:
Most LAN's do allow things of that sort. Some let you holler out at your buddies, until your screen turns black after 3 seconds. If you speak after the screen turns black, in result you will be warned first. If it happens again you will be punished. Sometimes they don't even warn, they go straight to the punishing. The quote right below this, shows the rules in a CPL Lan Match. They provide you with it, but a "official" has to be in there. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I might be. :D

"Voice-Com:

A Ventrilo-server and a Teamspeak-server will be available during the matches. There will be public channels for just chatting but also password protected channels for every team if the teams wish to use them. Only official Ventrilo and Teamspeak-servers can be used."
.HB

Postby Joel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm

FaZ- wrote:
.HB wrote:One more thing: Scoutzleague should make a client that you have to sign in. That prevents access to hacks and such, just like CAL's. I'm sure other leagues have them too. We should put that in the wonderful box of awesome Scoutleague ideas.

If we were able to do this I'd also want it to block Vent. In my opinion it's bullshit and the only reason it's so widespread is that it's not possible to counter it. LAN's don't allow anything of the sort. I don't mind voicecomm, that's cool, but we all know that when you die your camera lets you see people moving for 4-5 seconds after you're dead, and often from a direction that you wouldn't have even seen if you were still alive.

That's enormously huge and completely unfair to me. |eSk| has yet to use external voicecomm for this reason, and I don't doubt that it's a disadvantage we suffer from. It is cheating, to me, and it plays even more of a factor in a fast-paced game like scoutzknivez than it does in regular maps.

As for you HB, my general thought is that if a good number of people think you cheat, you most likely do. There's a number of people around the league that the staff has shared opinions about, but we've generally let the players sort it out themselves. The incident last year with Shanked was handled by his team captains, which made me think that the teams and players' reputations will police themselves.

One way to help clear yourself in my mind would be to post up demos of you doing well from past seasons, if you didn't use vent. I'm not sure how many teams do or don't, but that would definitely help to clear your name to me.

every team but yours uses vent matter of fact ive pugged with some of your players and used vent so ur dumb and really do need to find something else to bitch about :D
Joel

Postby PointBlank » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:36 pm

I could see how you could argue that vent is a bit of an exploitation with the few seconds that the camera follows your killer, but really I think this just makes the game a bit more challenging and more competitive. When you get a kill, you KNOW that the other team knows where you are...I enjoy that adrenaline rush and knowing i have to get the first shot off. But thats my take on it, i guess its all how you view it.

Also, the camera only follows the killer for like...1-2 seconds. Most of the time, that usually comes into play when its a 1v1, and those are usually slow paced anyways and players have already shifted from the spot you called. The other times, your teammates are occupied killing someone else or they already know where the guy is so it doesn't usually matter.
PointBlank
Site Admin/Webmaster
Site Admin/Webmaster

Postby Sk0rCh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:37 pm

HB ur just a cheating bitch.. just admit it

Sk0rCh
Frequent Forum User
Frequent Forum User

Postby FaZ- » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 pm

.HB wrote:Alright, well Faz...no offense but you have lost your speaking priviledges.
The statement you just made was like a "If they jump off a bridge, I will too because everyone is doing it!" kind of statement. If those people think I hack, then I have nothing more to say. All I can say is "Thank You!" At least my efforts from playing counter-strike since the 4th grade have left a lovely little mark on them. Giving me such compliments just overwhelms me with awesomeness. To be honest, I think it's actually really awesome for the tU clan to have their crazy "suspicions" about my "different gaming style." It's an honor to have people who are/were(No offense, but you guys have been on a no-no streak! :() best of the best to think I might not be "legit" when in reality, I am. :)

Just for future reference to you Faz:
Most LAN's do allow things of that sort. Some let you holler out at your buddies, until your screen turns black after 3 seconds. If you speak after the screen turns black, in result you will be warned first. If it happens again you will be punished. Sometimes they don't even warn, they go straight to the punishing. The quote right below this, shows the rules in a CPL Lan Match. They provide you with it, but a "official" has to be in there. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I might be. :D

"Voice-Com:

A Ventrilo-server and a Teamspeak-server will be available during the matches. There will be public channels for just chatting but also password protected channels for every team if the teams wish to use them. Only official Ventrilo and Teamspeak-servers can be used."

That's really a pathetic analogy. If I was speaking with a bunch of the most enlightened and intelligent people in the world, and they collectively decided to jump off a bridge, then I'd probably agree that they made a good decision and had logical motivation behind it.

You are playing with the best and most knowledgeable scoutzknivez players in the world. If a decent number of them have suspicions about you, there's probably a reason for it: you cheating is the most obvious.

The fadetoblack rule is standard, yes. As for vents being provided as in your quote, I can only find that in a 2v2 CS rule listing and a listing for other games which use realtime spawns, meaning it was possibly just copied incorrectly.

We could adopt fadetoblack as a partial solution, I suppose. The issue is the third person death-cam, I don't think anyone really cares if you spot someone in your teammate's vision long afterwards that he doesn't.
FaZ-

Postby rawb » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm sure different LANs have different rules.. I once went to a LAN where the team we were playing was sitting right behind us.. that was pretty fucked up..

Anyways, I haven't kept up with it in a few years - but invite has definitely used fadetoblack as a partial solution which kind of suggests that they agree with you and I.

The important point though is that there's no way to ban an external voice program - and even if there were it would give an unfair advantage to a lan team that plays right next to each other (which there's REALLY no way to ban in online play). In real life everyone I have ever shot in the face so far has been unable to communicate with teammates so ideally I think it should be banned but this isn't a perfect world and since we cannot control its use we should just accept it as part of the game :/

Therefore, I encourage the use of an external voice program. Additionally while I wouldn't really fight a fadetoblack solution too much it would be very boring :( - it's really only the few seconds after you're dead that's the problem anyways
( ' ""()
("( 'o', )
(")(")(,,)
rawb
tU Clan Member
tU Clan Member

Postby .HB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:50 am

You are playing with the best and most knowledgeable scoutzknivez players in the world. If a decent number of them have suspicions about you, there's probably a reason for it: you cheating is the most obvious.

That's dumb, SK players must not be knowledgeable then...Why would I be going through all of this if I hack? Why would I waste my time to prove my case if I did in fact, hack? I obviously care about this situation and what you guys think, so I'm going through with this to prove a point.

The fadetoblack rule is standard, yes. As for vents being provided as in your quote, I can only find that in a 2v2 CS rule listing and a listing for other games which use realtime spawns, meaning it was possibly just copied incorrectly.

I found that from CPL Winter Season 2005 or 2006?
.HB

Postby Sammy You » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 am

remember tu banned wonderboy for hacking
also they banned noobkiller, kl, and jin
Sammy You

Postby BlueHaze » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm

kL was on tU numnuts we never banned him lol and wonderboy is gaff, we have never banned him. Jin we have never banned, at least not for hacking if we ever have, and yes we did ban noobkiller for hacking. We had 4 legit demos of him BLATANTLY AIMBOTing lol thanks for that though sammy :P Next time you should probably get your facts straight
BlueHaze
Server Manager
Server Manager

Postby FaZ- » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:56 pm

I banned noobkiller as well after a string on c4a where he had 28 headshots and 0 body shots. In my opinion he cheats.

As for the ventrillo discussion, I found an interesting article and shared it with Valve, seeing as they seemingly have intentions of improving the game.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9758971
FaZ-

Postby f0rk » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm

FaZ- wrote:I banned noobkiller as well after a string on c4a where he had 28 headshots and 0 body shots. In my opinion he cheats.

As for the ventrillo discussion, I found an interesting article and shared it with Valve, seeing as they seemingly have intentions of improving the game.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9758971

Thats a pretty interesting article, honestly I dont care which way it is. I dont mind the fade to black idea, but I also dont care if it stays the way it is.
-|tU|- f0rk
f0rk
tU Clan Member
tU Clan Member

Postby .HB » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Haha, Brian were you the one who had suspicions about "Jin's Gameplay?"
I always heard something about it when I was in 1991, but only knew it dealt with someone from tU.
Apparently, he was banned from tU back in the day.

From that article:
Is it saying that there should be a configuration where once you die, the death cam follows first-person for the victim, then fades to black? Doesn't death cam already follow first-person when someone dies, unless they get walled from a random spot, then it scatters everywhere? Hm, that's a pretty interesting article.
.HB

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion